Coffee has incredible powers. It has the ability to jumpstart our day, and spark amazing conversations with people. From Students to Seniors, Creators to Corporates, Canteens to Cafe Houses, Friends to Families, a Coffee Connect is an invariable part of the day. For a Tea-drinking India, Coffee is a refreshing change and is as different from Tea as Chalk from Cheese. The sovereign aroma and strong flavours of Coffee are stimulating senses and discussions over the world.
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, the seeds of berries from certain Coffea species. When coffee berries turn from green to bright red in color – indicating ripeness – they are picked, processed, and dried. Dried Coffee seeds (referred to as "Beans") are roasted to varying degrees, depending on the desired flavor. Roasted beans are ground and brewed with near-boiling water to produce Coffee.
Legend has it that the earliest evidence of coffee-drinking appears in the middle of the 15th century, in Ethiopia and in Yemen. It was in Arabia that coffee seeds were first roasted and brewed. By the end of the 16th century, Coffee had reached the rest of the Middle East, Europe, Americas & Asia. In India, Coffee is primarily cultivated in the Southern States of India, with new cultivations happening in the North-East recently.
Barosi Filter Coffee is made from the finest AAA grade Arabica Coffee Beans, grown in a single plantation in the pristine hills of Chikmagalur, Karnataka. Legend has it that Coffee in India started with an Indian Saint - Baba Budan, who while on a pilgrimage to Mecca, smuggled seven coffee beans (by tying it around his waist) from Yemen to Mysore in India. He planted them on the Chandragiri Hills, now named after the saint as Bababudan Giri (Giri meaning Hill) in Chikmagalur.
The salubrious and clean climate at an altitude of 1100 mtrs above sea-level, ensures high grade and quality of the Beans. Our Coffee Beans are called as Mysore Nuggets. These Beans are very large, uniform bluish-green in color, with a clean polished appearance. These Beans are Medium-roasted with 15% Chicory, giving them a strong and distinct flavour and aroma.
This is a specialty Coffee which represents one of the best quality Coffee from India. Keeping true to our promise of connecting you with the freshest and best produce from local farms, we bring to you:
Barosi Filter Coffee:
- Pure Filter Coffee sourced from premium Mysore Nuggets from Karnataka
- Made from high quality AAA rated Arabica Beans, with 15% Chicory
- Medium roasted Coffee Beans
- This Coffee is sourced from a single FSSAI-licensed Coffee Plantation in the hills of Chikmagalur, Karnataka grown in a pristine environment at 1100 metres altitude
- Mysore Nuggets are one of India’s finest premium Arabica Coffees. Its beans are large, appear clean and polished, and have a distinctly bluish-green color
- Our Filter Coffee has a clean flavour, pleasantly brisk and tipped with delicious nuances and an Earthy full-flavoured Aroma
- Zero preservatives and chemicals used for processing
- No added Sugar
- Packed in a sustainable Glass Jar to retain freshness and flavour